Thursday 28 July 2016

After the rain


Sometimes heavy rain and noisy thunderstorms may seem overwhelming. When we are in His hands, abiding in His garden, no matter how fragile (broken, unworthy, ill equipped) we may feel – the rain will settle onto and into us and we will contain it.

I took these photos after a massive storm. As I was snapping away I felt the Holy Spirit nudge me to look carefully at what I was seeing.

The flowers containing the droplets were the smallest and most delicate but their petals – being open – were able to contain the rain.

Secondly, the flowers that were damaged by the storm were exposed to the elements and not shielded by the walls and growth of the sheltered garden.



In the great scheme of things – within the Christian world – our attention is often drawn to the big headline things or happenings and we lose focus on what’s happening in the garden we’re planted in.

Looking at these photo’s again I see that we are to be open to receiving heavenly rain; keep listening for the gentle rain of Father God’s instruction and enjoy His presence like the morning dew.